Homework tasks are set for pupils at St. Stephen’s with the purpose of supporting ongoing progress and achievement of all pupils.
Homework has many purposes including:
- Developing the home school partnership.
- Consolidating and reinforcing basic skills and understanding.
- Encouraging parents to support their child’s learning.
- Developing skills of organisation and self-discipline.
- Preparing pupils for the transition to secondary education.
- Extending school learning.
Current homework can be found by clicking on the ‘Homework Sheets’ link, on the right.
Time allocations for homework tasks:
|Reception||5-10 minutes nightly|
|KS1||10-15 minutes nightly|
|Lower KS2||15-20 minutes nightly|
|Upper KS2||20-30 minutes nightly|